At A Glance
Annunciation Catholic School is a Pre-Kindergarten 3 through Grade 8 Catholic Elementary and Middle School under the Archdiocese of Washington.
The Archdiocesan curriculum guidelines, consistent with the District of Columbia guidelines are followed for the teaching of all secular subject areas. The curriculum is marked by current content and fresh approaches to methodology. There is emphasis on principles rather than fact, on learning through problem solving rather than by precept. We strive to offer a program which makes use of many sources of reading material, a wide variety of audio-visual and technology tools and a multi-text approach to the content areas.
- Teacher/Student Ratio: 1:10
- S.T.R.E.A.M: We are a Science, Technology, Reading/Religion, Engineering Arts and Math focused school.
- Education: We offer a personalized education plan for each student.
- Maker Space Lab: Our scholars have access to an innovative learning environment that fosters critical thinking, collaboration and creativity.
- Spanish: Spanish instruction begins in Kindergarten with our full-time Spanish teacher.
- Technology: 1:1 Chromebook program for grades 1-8.
- Mass: Students prepare and attend Mass every Friday at 11:00am.
- Sacraments: Students prepare for the Sacraments throughout the school year.
- Service: Students and teachers participate in service projects through our Social Justice Program.
Annunciation Programs: Below is a listing of a few of the clubs and programs we offer.
- Altar Servers
- Safety Patrols
- CYO Basketball, Track and Cross Country
- Girls on A Run
- Coding Club
- Chess Club
- St. Francis De Sales Club
- Art Club
- Debate Club
- Model UN
- Social Justice Club
- STEM Club